Complimentary album on the Mush Label Website!

Music nerds (such as myself) are often found trolling a label's website. Today I found a treat waiting for me at mushrecords.com

Here's Mush's description of the release by Antimc, aptly titled "It's Free, But It's Not Cheap"

It's Free, But It's Not Cheap, the solo debut from Los Angeles producer Antimc, is a nine-song collection of sprawling post-rock, dancefloor filling hip-hop, and inspired electronics. The album features three MCs (Busdriver, Cadence Weapon, and Saafir), three vocalists (Anthony Anzalone of the Mean Reds, Andrew Broder of Fog, and Mark Mitchell of Clue to Kalo), and shows a vast range of production styles. Antimc is the rare producer that is just as accomplished at writing melodies, playing his own live instrumentation, and structuring a song, as he is at programming a drum machine and editing on a computer. This versatility shows as he is able to span hip-hop to hardcore to electro to post-rock and capture standout performances from each collaborator, while always focusing on creating an expertly crafted song.

My input:
This album has some winners and some losers. I like the electro tracks quite a bit and theres one that features Busdriver, one of the Mush MCs. I'll be playing a selection or two off this album on my next show, fer sher.

The catch:
I can't download it for you. You have to put your email address in on the Mush site.
Clickey here: I love Mush Records

Comments