Awesome Ninja Tune XXtravaganza Post-party show archive/playlist links:

Hey, so that NYC show was great, considering the circumstances. NYPD had been tracking drug shipments in and out of the original venue of Santos Party House in Manhattan for MONTHS. What night do they decide to shut it down? You guessed it- the same night Ninja Tune was going to throw its 20th anniversary party. I've been calling it the "XXtravaganza". I heard this story from the mouth of Eskmo himself, but you can read about it here.

The venue was tactfully moved to a nearby location that was only a block or two away, didn't have a music lineup (I guess??) that night... the sound was HORRIBLE, but the incredibly talented DJs and producers that we love to see live pulled it off with as much skill as ever. Logistically, the crew couldn't let people in before the got everything set up. (NYPD waited until 45 minutes before the show to shut down Santos, the BASTARDS!!)

When I spoke to Eskmo, I didn't know he was in Allston the night before, so I was frustrated to have missed that. Ninja People of the Greater Boston Area: ITS COOL TO CHIME IN AND ASK IF I'M GOING TO A SHOW. I'm a flake when it comes to less obvious tour dates. How are you supposed to react when you're told by your new favorite producer that you missed his set while standing in line to get in? I think I handled it well... sort of.

Hey, so here's the playlist to tonight's show. I missed a "Matthew Dear" track in there, somewhere... I'll have to listen to the show and go back and edit it...

Tune in to the archives to listen to the show. I highly recommend it.

Comments